Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: proxy

From: ksaenz () spinaweb com au
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 23:27:13 +1100

Firstly configure your proxy to allow your internal network.
Also if your proxy has 2 NICs (one to the internet and one on
your LAN) make sure that the internet interface has the port
closed or blocked by the firewall.

Depending on your proxy you should be able to check your
logs to tell if someone is bouncing off your proxy.
Other way to tell is using an IDS.

im a complete newbie so forgive me for asking this dum
question...

i work for a company which limits its internet access
to a few individuals thru an access control list. My
question is it possible to detect if we access the
internet thru another proxy server located in another
country. we can access this proxy thru our intranet..

dumb ha...:)

http://mail.yahoo.com

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills

of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html