Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: mysql.sock

From: <edict () ancientservility net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 05:49:02 -0600

not sure why this is on this thread but...

it looks like a path problem to me.  try creating a symlink to the actual
mysql.sock file, which is located in /tmp by default.

ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

if that works then you may need to specify the path to the sock file when
you start mysqld, or change it in your my.cnf file.