Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: exposure to bootable Linux distros

From: "Marcos D. Marado Torres" <marado () student dei uc pt>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 23:47:55 +0000 (WET)

Does it have an hd installation tool as Knoppix?
If so, does it get installed reasonably secured (like old knoppix versions) or
does it do like the new knoppix versions (starting in some version of those
3.3) that logs automaticly, opens shells as root with no password and does not
let people logout and stuff like that?

Or, in other words, is it good to install, or is it like Knoppix, that got
better as a live-cd but now sucks when we're talking about an hd-install?

Keep the good work,
Mind Booster Noori

- --
Marcos Daniel Marado Torres AKA Mind Booster Noori
/"\               http://student.dei.uc.pt/~marado
\ /                       marado () student dei uc pt
 X   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
/ \  against HTML e-mail and Micro$oft attachments