Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: wlan-ng on Redhat Fedora Core 1

From: Vincent <pros-n-cons () bak rr com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:05:22 -0800

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:58:00 -0500
Paul Kurczaba <paul () myipis com> wrote:

I am setting up wlan-ng in order to use AirSnort, and am having trouble
setting up wlan-ng on Redhat Fedora Core 1. During part of the configuration
it asks me for the Linux source directory. For me (I'm guessing), my source
directory is "/usr/src/redhat". But all the directories under
"/usr/src/redhat" don't have any files. Where can I find my linux source
directory?

Thanks,
Paul Kurczaba
Add the following three lines to your /etc/yum.conf then just do 'yum install airsnort'
[dag]
name=Dag APT Repository baseurl=http://apt.sw.be/redhat/fc$releasever/en/$basearch/dag
##gpgcheck=1

I'm not sure what the package means by source directory. depends if its RPM, or what
file its looking for. Maybe you need to do 'yum install kernel-source' which will put
the kernel files into /usr/src/linux-2.4 (symlink to kernel version) or need to add
some flags to the ./configure script telling it to look in /usr/include/ could be anything.