Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Authencity of AV downloads

From: Charley Hamilton <chamilto () uci edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:23:23 -0800

Raghu -

I disagree about Norton, wrt Intelligent Updater *only*.  I have
no data on the verification mechanism for LiveUpdate, but for IntelligentUpdater, for example:

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/download/pages/US-N95.html

the MD5 hash is on the download page right under the link.

Can't speak to the other issues, or vendors.  Never tried to
address them.  I just check the MD5 and run.

Charley

--
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto () uci edu

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html