Security Basics mailing list archives

Owl Online (available for anyone)

From: Daniel Cid <danielcid () yahoo com br>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:56:15 -0300 (ART)

Since the release of the Version 0.1 of the Owl, I
have received many good feedbacks from the "Owl users"
throughout the world. However, many users who
administer small networks complain that they don't
have an extra machine to be used
as the "Owl".
To help this kind of people (and anyone else who
wants), I created a web interface  to allow ANYONE for
FREE to register, configure their sites and
receive the notifications from the Owl.

All sites here will be checked every 30 minutes and we
will test to see if the site
is responding or if the web page has changed. If yes
for the second, we will see what lines changed. If
these lines are configured to be ignored, we don't do
anything. If not, we send an e-mail to the user
alerting him/her about this incident.

More information in this link:
https://www.ossec.net/info.php

To register (for free):
https://www.ossec.net/addu.php

To login in the site:
https://www.ossec.net

To download the Owl:
http://www.ossec.net/owl/

Thank you,

Daniel B. Cid

Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html