Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Limiting application's database size

From: "Stan Guzik" <SGuzik () ImmediaTech com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 11:01:30 -0400

In SQL Server, I'm assuming you are running 2K, there is an option on
the DB to "Automatically grow file".  If this selection is not checked
your SQL DB will not grow meaning you need to monitor the growth
manually.

The above will work but manually monitoring always leads to human error.
There are SQL SP to get the size of the DB and individual tables.  You
can use these SP in you code to notify/email you when your DB is close
to its max, (let's save 20% free space.)