Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: ASP security in HTML pages

From: "Auri Rahimzadeh" <auri () auri net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:04:25 -0500

Although, to be sure, if you don't have your server configured properly,
i.e. where ASP may be configured improperly, you can serve .asp files just
as if someone requested a .zip file -- it would send the whole file. The
easiest way to tell is when you try hitting an .asp file if IE renders a
page, or just asks you to download the document. I imagine this would be
rare in an IIS configuration, but if you're using something else then it may
be a situation more possible to encounter.

Best,

-Auri