Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Novice asks "OpenBSD best firewall?"

From: die tuere <reitenba () fh-brandenburg de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:04:12 +0200

On Monday 14 June 2004 20:37, Tim McGuigan wrote:

as much of a factor)?  McAfee Firewall seems so gumby, but I'm not sure
about

OpenBSD.

hi,
openbsd and pf are really great for firewalling a network. and they are coming
for free. (but hey, you can also buy their cd's to support them)

you need some time to read through the docs and testing afterwards, but i
think it's worth. the rules are very easy to write, and more easyly to read.
(compared with linux iptables and such...)
and also its well documented in manpages and faq.

hth
buzz

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html