Security Basics mailing list archives

virus mail ignores MX?

From: "Monty Ree" <chulmin2 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:41:12 +0000

Hello, all.

I have some question about virus mail.
I have set viruswall about my domain and all mails should be sent first to viruswall.

xxxxx.com. 86400 IN MX 0 viruswall.xxxxx.com. <-- viruswall xxxxx.com. 86400 IN MX 5 mail.xxxxx.com <-- mail server
When I see virus mail header, like below.

        by mail.xxxxx.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id i5B8DdW02504
        for <chulmin2 () xxxxx com>; Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:13:44 +0900

some virus mails are filtered well at viruswall.
but other virus mails are not get through viruswall,
and go directly to mail.xxxxx.com. I think.

so I think some virus mail ignores MX, right?

What's the problem and how can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

행운의 주인공이 이번엔 나일꺼야, 진짜루... 인터넷 복권 http://www.msn.co.kr/money/interlotto/

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors. Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization. Visit us at: http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html