Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Which Windows OS is Safest

From: Michael Carroll <CarrollM () wclc com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:48:28 -0500

Ok, before this thread goes any further off topic, the flames get any
higher, and any further misunderstandings occur, please allow me to
re-direct it to it's final resting place:

# 1 - In my original reply (included below), I mentioned that security was a
"POINT OF VIEW".  I still maintain this belief and since no further
clarification of what the devices will be used for, any further discussion
of merits of NT, 2K or 2K3 is moot.

# 2 - I do not give blanket endorsement to any one Windows OS.  My mention
of NT was based on a specific application and needs requirement performed by
OUR organization to meet a specific function.  NT was the choice for this
product; end of discussion.

# 3 - Since there has been no further follow up by the original poster, I
feel the back and forth banter is pointless.  I personally do not care what
OS you or anyone else wishes to use, and as such, do not wish to be included
on each and every mail that boasts the merits for situations that are not
applicable to this discussion.

In short, I feel this topic is a dead horse well beaten and should be left
to rest.

Kindly remove me from ALL future correspondence as I have no interest in
continuing this discussion further.

Thank you.

Michael