Security Basics mailing list archives

Squid Logs - HELP

From: "George Lantz" <glantz () mostlymemories com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 12:59:22 -0500

I hope someone can help me. I am using the default installation of squid
on an old Red Hat 8.0 box. I have to find really old log files from
about 2-3 years ago. It is VERY important that I find these.
Unfortunately for me, they are on log rotation and I think they may have
been overwritten. Is there any to find really old log entries? I hope
there is some way to find these. I know I am SOL. But if any list can
think of something it is this one. Any help or suggestions would be
greatly, greatly appreciated.

Also, I did uncompress these logs and viewed them in a text editor.
Maybe there is a way to find the files that way?

Thanks, guys (and gals)
-George-

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html