Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Anti-Virus on web facing servers??

From: "SNAIL945" <snail945 () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:36:12 -0700

Hi.

Good idea.  Some thoughts that come to mind from experiences in the past:

1. make sure the product is stable
2. make sure it's configured properly for your setup (great point from
someone on sql db/logs concern)
3. test and understand its behavior.  make sure it doesn't inadvertently
issue a DOS to your webapp if it acts unpredictably.

For the forumn - Given that this is a ms webapp environment, what
lightweight AV scanners are being used successfully out there?

Some goals that come to mind:

- secure and effective
- stable and predictable
- minimal system overhead