Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Internal Instant Messaging

From: Malte von dem Hagen <docvalde () crowdserver org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:27:06 +0100

Hi,

     I am working with a client that has a large
enterprise that recently has found it has a need for
an internal instant messaging server.  Not necessaily
"internal but one that could be set outside the
firewall but that they could control who was on it and
that doesn't rely on the big guys (AIM, ICQ, MSN,
etc).

The only one that came to mind was ICQ Groupware, but
that creates a management headache that they may or
may not be up for.

Try jabber. http://www.jabber.org/ You can setup an internal jabber
server and yo'll have no pain about controlling access. Clients are
available for a large number of OSs, and there numerous agents for
connecting other products like icq or whatever.

rgds,

Malte.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!