Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security conference

From: sil <jesus () resurrected us>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:30:15 -0500 (EST)

Let's tey this again seems Security Focus doesn't like my response too
much.

      The only one I know of going on at/near this time is
http://www.codecon.org/2004/ and that's more about security in code
design, some network security. TrueSecure, I think, had one coming
up/just past in Vegas (or was it LA?). RSA has a good one coming up
http://www.rsaconference.com/conf2004_portal.html and the HackerCon
(HaxorCon?) just passed I believe. I'd strongly recommend the RSA
conference if you have a change to attend.

There's always HOPE

\\SOC\\

A NEW HOPE ON THE HORIZON
Posted 15 Jan 2004 00:00:00 UTC

The brand new HOPE site has begun to take form. Our fifth conference is
scheduled for July 9th through 11th in New York City at the Hotel
Pennsylvania (where the last conference was). In the very near future,
there will be speaker info, a WIKI update center, registration info,
mailing lists, and a way for you to put forth your ideas for panels,
projects, contests, and other fun stuff. We have a huge amount of space in
the middle of Manhattan directly across the street from Penn Station. Ask
anyone who went to H2K2 how much fun they had and then ask yourself if you
really want to miss out this time around when we plan on making it even
better.

We will announce major updates on the 2600 page. But keep checking the
HOPE site as we add stuff from this point on.

We will announce major updates on the 2600 page. But keep checking the
HOPE site as we add stuff from this point on.

http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/1862

//EOC//

Nothing big said about it yet, and the new site that's linked from there
is basically *_NOT_WELL_PUT_TOGETHER* (changed from garbage).

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? - Juvenal

J. Oquendo / sil
GPG Key ID 0x51F9D78D
Fingerprint 2A48 BA18 1851 4C99 CA22 0619 DB63 F2F7 51F9 D78D
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x51F9D78D

http://www.disgraced.org   http://www.politrix.org
http://www.infiltrated.net http://bush.shafted.us

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!