Security Basics mailing list archives

Outlook Express and Web Bugz

From: "Gregh" <chows () ozemail com au>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:27:06 +1100

Just wondering if anyone can clear this simple answer up.

Assume someone has sent me an email with a web bug in it for whatever
reason.

I pick up my email and see it sitting there ready to read but what I do next
is tell OE to go OFFLINE but not hang up on the connection. I read the email
and decide it isn't worth keeping and then delete it.

The way I see it - and someone else brought this to my attention - that
actually defeats a web bug of ANY sort.

Can someone tell me where I am wrong if so, please and HOW? If this is
right, then it is a simple answer to that problem.

Greg.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!