Security Basics mailing list archives

SecurityFocus new article announcements

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:01:38 -0700 (MST)

The following articles have been published on SecurityFocus:

1. Problems and Challenges with Honeypots
By Lance Spitzner  Jan 14, 2004
In this paper we take a look at some of the many challenges and problems
facing honeypots, and possible approaches on how to solve them. By
identifying these problems now, we can hope to make honeypots a stronger
technology for the future.
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1757

2. Standardizing on Security
By Hal Flynn (Columnist) Jan 14, 2004
The Linux standards group publishes 565 pages of data describing a
standards-compliant Linux package. So why aren't any of them about
security?
http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/207

-- Kelly Martin SecurityFocus kel () securityfocus com +001-403-261-5468

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!