Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: XP backdoors

From: "Adams, Tom" <tom.adams () mci com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 20:26:13 +0000

Suggested reading: http://www.giac.org/practical/GCIH/Mike_Mahurin_GCIH.pdf

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Yoon [mailto:supercool9000 () hotmail com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 12:11 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: RE: XP backdoors

Lets say I now have an extremely good password that would take NSA 200 years
to crack.

Assuming that my XP box is physically safe from others accessing it, is
there a way for Joe-cr/hacker to quickly obtain my password without having
to run a crackware?

Backdoors that exploit software bugs need only install the proper patches
but are there any exploits that take advantage of the nature of
hardware/protocol/architecture itself?

Have fun customizing MSN Messenger - learn how here!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_customize

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!