Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Oracle encrypted password sniffed through a network

From: "Shawn Jackson" <sjackson () horizonusa com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:19:26 -0800

From: hassan hani [mailto:amni___ () hotmail com]
i want to know if  it is easy to decrypt the encrypted password
send through network , and sniffed by attacker.

Yes if your on a non-switched network. Otherwise it's a bit of a chore
and quite hard if you don't have physical access to the medium.

Shawn Jackson
Systems Administrator
Horizon USA
1190 Trademark Dr #107
Reno NV 89521

www.horizonusa.com
Email: sjackson () horizonusa com
Phone: (775) 858-2338
             (800) 325-1199 x338

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!