Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network discovery

From: "Scot Braunzell" <sbraunzell () sinetimore com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 23:54:00 -0500

Gergely,
You may want to give Fluke network discovery tools
(http://www.flukenetworks.com) a try. I have used these before and they
will give a pretty good network view including nodes, switches, routers,
printers as well as give you defined line speed views into each subnet
on the network. Should do the trick but its not free, you can download
the fully functioning optiview console that will give you all the basic
information you need.

Once you have it foot printed I would then suggest getting you hands on
nagios (http://www.nagios.org) to continue you monitoring capabilities
post discovery.

All the best,

Scot Braunzell