Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Unusual Activity

From: Gregory Dunlap <gtdunlap () midsouth rr com>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 11:11:09 -0600

I saw this before when we ran application check software on our web
server.  Basically the software hits external pages and tries various
attacks against the pages (sql injection, buffer overflow on fields) to
see what it can exploit.  Used by internal people its good to let
developers know what they need to fix, used without your knowledge it
could be a profile attempt.

Just a thought,
Greg