Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: SMB enumation in Win2000/03

From: Gene LeDuc <Gene.LeDuc () tns-md com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 17:43:02 -0500

I'd start with the Center for Internet Security benchmarks:
  http://www.cisecurity.org/bench_win2000.html

Make absolutely sure that you test the benchmarks on a sacrificial server
before applying them to your production boxes.  Also make sure you
understand what changes the benchmarks are making before you make the
changes so you can be confident that you're not going to break something
that is on your network that the benchmark authors didn't consider.