Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN architecture for POCKET PC

From: "Ghaith Nasrawi" <libero () aucegypt edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:11:33 +0000

Using VPN over a FW should be no problem if you've got a FW which is
NAT-Traversal aware (NAT-T). It should understand whether this is
normal traffic, or traffic meant to pass through the VPN tunnel. And
in case you'll be using IPsec, you don't even need NAT-T firewall,
since it detects the link type during phase 1 and reverts to ESP on
UDP to bypass the NAT problem.