Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DMZ / Firewall rule diagramming

From: Charles mckee <chuck619 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:54:07 -0700

For you to ask for a general firewall configuation that is kind of tough.

First of all we need to know what hardware and software is you have
access too..Where are you going to place your firewall.

We need to see kind of where you intend to place it.

What rulesets you want want to employ.

I would advice you to take a look at some books about firewalling,
DMZ's, HoneyPots and Network Design. This way you can become more
familiar yourself with it.

What good is a firewall if one does not know where to place it, where
it's logs are kept and so forth.

Must my humble .02 cents.

Respectfully Yours
Chuck

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:37:34 +1300, Craig Humphrey