Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Lots of incoming traffic on UDP 1026 and UDP 1027?

From: JGrimshaw () ASAP com
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:53:31 -0600

I initially thought that, too, that it was a DDOS, but the csv log had
significant gaps of time between instances--a DDOS would have lots coming
in at the same time, not a few every 10 or 20 minutes.

Certainly there were a number of illicit connection attempts, but the log
is for two days and there was only 190 or so connection attempts--I don't
think it is a DDOS.

Scott Bauer <scottybauer () gmail com>
12/28/2004 11:37 AM
Please respond to
Scott Bauer <scottybauer () gmail com>

webmaster () focushacks com
cc
security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject
Re: Lots of incoming traffic on UDP 1026 and UDP 1027?

Sounds Like a Denial of service attack. Contact your ISP and tell them
that you think you are getting A DDOS attack... Tell them to close
those ports for a day or so.. then you problem should be solved.

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:34:41 -0600, FocusHacks <focushacks () gmail com>