Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Security CheatSheets

From: "skill2die4" <skill2die4 () secguru com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 02:02:09 -0400

List members:

Thank you all for your personal comments on making the cheat
sheets and site better.

Here's another one, which I missed in my last post :-p

Nessus & NMAP Cheat Sheet

http://www.secguru.com/index.php/content/view/535/195/

NMAP and Nessus require no introduction to the security
community. Many security auditors have been using this
combination for years. NMAP stands out from the other
available port scanners for its efficiency and tweaking
features ;-). Nessus takes over where NMAP leave off. NESSUS
checks all open ports for various known protocols. Once the
service running on the known port is determined, NESSUS then
sends data to that service to exploit known security
vulnerabilities.

To smartly and innovatively use both tools together, it is
often required to remember the command prompt options for
both the tools & that's where this cheat sheet comes handy!

PDF Version is available on the site & as b4 its fr33.

Chill,

-=skillz=-

WebAppTest -
http://www.secguru.com/index.php/content/view/49/195/

Reconnaissance -
http://www.secguru.com/index.php/content/view/12/195/

.

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_security-basics_040817