Security Basics mailing list archives

AS/400 Logging Question

From: "Led Slinger" <leds () mailbox darkwater net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 08:18:36 -0400

I was hoping that someone on this list has some information pertaining to
sending AS/400 log records to a remote (syslog) server?  The AS/400 is
running on OS/400 and that's about all I know about it.  I am working with a
team that is responsible for developing a central logging facility for our
company, but they also want to send logfiles from the AS/400 to this server
as well and spelling AS/400 (or is it AS400) is about as far as I can go with
this one.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Leds

Computer Forensics Training at the InfoSec Institute. All of our class sizes
are guaranteed to be 12 students or less to facilitate one-on-one
interaction with one of our expert instructors. Gain the in-demand skills of
a certified computer examiner, learn to recover trace data left behind by
fraud, theft, and cybercrime perpetrators. Discover the source of computer
crime and abuse so that it never happens again.

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/InfoSecInstitute_security-basics_040817