Security Basics mailing list archives

Re[2]: Invisible KeyLogger

From: Juan <jmejia () uchile cl>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:02:39 -0400

Hello Joshua,
      I would like some insight about the way it works. Up to now I
      know that a kernel driver is something hard to detect and by
      these means this logger is able to track even network logons (as
      it is said somewhere on their site). I am currently trying to
      deploy W2K Server and Active Directory. So my main concern is
      keeping the administration account secret.

      To summarize: I would like to know how to detect keyloggers in
      general and get some insight on kernel drivers (can limited
      users install them, etc.).

      Network security is something I understand better and feel
      confident to deal with ( at least, I've read the basics and know
      where to look for more information).

      Thanks.

--
Best regards,
 Juan                            mailto:jmejia () uchile cl

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html