Security Basics mailing list archives

Stateful Packet Inspection

From: "Paul Kurczaba" <paul () myipis com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:03:56 -0400

I have set up a free online security scanning site located at http://scan.myipis.com. One of the ports that it probes
is the clients source port. Am I correct in saying, that if the status of the source port is "stealth", the remote
firewall uses Stateful Packet Inspection; and if the status is "closed", the firewall does not use Stateful Packet
Inspection?

-Paul Kurczaba

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html