Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Windows SUS Question

From: "Nagy Gergely" <gergely.nagy () is-energy hu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:30:47 +0200

Hi All,

Just a positive feedback. I run SUS in an environment more than 5000 PC's
without any AD installed. We distributed the appropriate registry entries.
We have set up 5 SUS servers regarding the regions and point the client to
the appropriate server. It works just fine. I also disabled the
windowsupdate.microsoft.com on every pc with a registry entry as well. So
they will not be able to update their PC's on their own decision. Only
approved updates will be installed.
This way it is a controlled environment and only approved updates installes.

Feel free to ask if you need any help.

Br,

Gery