Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: critical windows server services

From: "Jonathan Sanders" <sandejm () groupwise1 duc auburn edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 10:50:48 -0500

This may help you out.

http://www.blkviper.com/WIN2K/servicecfg.htm

Or maybe I just misunderstood the question....

jay lentz <jay.lentz () americredit com> 9/17/2003 10:08:52 AM >>>

Anyone know what the most critical windows 2000 server services and
processes are to monitor? Except for any applications installed, and not
being an IIs server, or Exchange and so on,  what tells me that my
windows 2000 server is up and running? Is there any Microsoft best
practice? I cannot find anything when I google? Thanks.

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm