Security Basics mailing list archives

my pc hacked?

From: hong li <hong_li_98 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:06:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, all

I think my workstation was hacked.  (windows 2000
professional) When I connect to the router
to do some configurations through hyperterminal and I
can see the password on the screen, even with
encrypted password.  The pc was incredible slow.  I
tried netstat -na and did not see the suspicious
connection. Show processes and only see one suspicious
"webcompserver.exe"
(did not google this yet).  I tried to use nmap to
scan ports and shows all posts are closed.

Any idea or suggestions whether the pc was hacked?

Thanks in advance,

Hong