Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Stop browsing the web through GP?

From: "Thomas F. Szabo" <tszabo () diamondtech net>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:15:32 -0400

I don't have any templates for you.  However if nothing else you should
be able to use Group Policy to control Internet Explorer's connection
settings.  You can then effectively 'break' the Internet by supplying
the browser settings in a particular OU with a fake Proxy server
address.  You can even put up a simple page that says sorry Internet
Browsing forbidden.  Of course this would require that they are only
using Internet Explorer.  I'm sure there are plenty of ways around this
but it should stop the normal user.

Tom Szabo