Security Basics mailing list archives

Transit and Portable IP addresses

From: "Cherian M. Palayoor" <cpalayoor () cwalkergroup com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:10:29 -0700

Hi there,

Can anyone explain to me the difference between a Transit ip pool and a
Portable ip pool.

I have searched the web, but all I have come across are indirect references
to the above but no detailed explaination.

I would like to know why is it not possible to subnet a transit pool and
reassign them elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

CP

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm