Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Enterprise AV

From: Tim Syratt <tims () syratt com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 07:42:26 +1000 (EST)

Hi jason,

I asked this question to a few people only recently..

An organisation I work for uses Sophos, its a great product and very
reliable. (although msblaster did catch us out, but they had a virus
definition 1 hr after I alerted them)

The trouble with SOphos is that its VERY expensive if you want the
enterprise solution which will update your virus def's for you, without
having to download and roll them out.

The last network I built will be going with Norton Antivirus, because I
can just subscribe to the auto updates and have it update for me, for
about $300.00AUD (5 users).  One person I spoke to said that it activly
stopped a few scripts running (IE exploits), which Sophos doesn't appear
to do.

HTH!

Regs,
Tim