Security Basics mailing list archives

RE : Need help from a group of experts. I am not a network expert but I play one on tv.

From: "Lambany, Frédéric" <lambany.frederic () lte ireq ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:53:16 -0400

Hi Randy,

1) You could enter the ip adress on this site: http://www.arin.net/  in the Search Whois area and then mail the proper
ISP including logs of attacks. Remember there is a lot of script kiddies that scans full network ranges.

2) You cant figth back, because hacking is illegal !

3) Webmail is just a service, you should check for an anti-virus solution.

4) Sure there is a lot of tools for doing security check. Nmap http://www.nmap.org , Retina security scanner
http://www.eeye.com (trial availaible) and few others.

Frédéric Lambany