Security Basics mailing list archives

Always admin rights for only one exec???

From: Matthias Güntert <MatzeGuentert () gmx de>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:02:25 +0200

Hello list

I have just set up my new w2k workstation. I have added a second user
with which i will work under normal cirumstances.
Now some programms dont work any more. For example active ports, which
shows me which programm uses which
Port. I have tried to give the mainuser (!admin) all rights on that
folder and it's files. I have also given full access
To registry tree via regedt32, but it still wont work. If i right click
on the executable as mainuser and then choose execute as....and enter
the pass for admin it works fine. How am i able to give always
adminrights to this prog. I am not sure but i think i heard from a tool
which is able to perform this task. Any hints on this??

Sincerely

Matthias Güntert

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm