Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Slickest way to capture all packets inbound and outbound for a specific IP address, or range?

From: "Michael LaSalvia" <mike () genxweb net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 14:13:35 -0400

You could run snort in tcpdump modethen do a tcpdump on the snort log
with the options of tcpdump -eXvvr log.file src ip host ip or you can
use port #.

Ex tcpdump -eXvvr 090503snort.log src 192.168.1.1 host 192.168.2.1
port 135

Hope that helps a bit. It is just a small example look into it there
is a lot you can do with it.