Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN and Linux

From: Dave <update () dsrtech com>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:40:03 -0400

Pablo,

Cisco still supports Linux VPN client. Check in your CCO account or with
your Cisco rep. for the software.

Good luck.

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 08:42, LDC - Pablo Endres Lozada wrote:
      Hi, I´m new in a company and the desktop standard even
      for network administrators (as myself) is Win2K.  Most
      of the mantainance windows are at late hours and I've been
      told that I can work from home.

      The connection is established via VPN to a Cisco PIX.  My
      box at home is running Linux and I really don´t want to
      use winblows to do my work at home.  The problem is that
      the VPN client for Linux has been discontinued by
      Cisco.  Do any of you guys know where I can find a compatible
      client o how I can set the connection by hand??

      Thanks in advance.
      Pablo

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com