Security Basics mailing list archives

Problems getting ACS3.2 to run properly

From: Stephen Wilcox <Stephenwilcox () universalcomputersys com>
Date: 3 Sep 2003 20:42:47 -0000

Greetings list,

I have been working with Cisco trying to stablize my ACS server.  I have
been having trouble with it authenticating across multiple domains.  Cisco
sent me a patch, which I though fixed the issue.  It begin to look at
multiple domains and authenticating users.  I then added more eequipment
to authenticate with the ACS and went home.  At for o'clock in the morning
I recieved a call from over seas, informing me that the ACS would not
authenticate users any more.  It has happened twice since this morning,
when no one has been in the ACS.  It just suddenly stops at one of the
domains and will not look at the other domains until I reboot the server.
Just stopping the services does not fix the problem.   Would any of you
guys have an idea or work around for this issue?

Thanks,
Stephen

Attend Black Hat Briefings & Training Federal, September 29-30 (Training),
October 1-2 (Briefings) in Tysons Corner, VA; the world's premier
technical IT security event.  Modeled after the famous Black Hat event in
Las Vegas! 6 tracks, 12 training sessions, top speakers and sponsors.
Symantec is the Diamond sponsor.  Early-bird registration ends September 6.Visit us: www.blackhat.com