Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Sniffing packets in Exchange <-> Outlook scenario

From: "Faisal Masood" <faisyuet () wol net pk>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 02:01:54 +0500

If you are using email accounts as POP3 in MS Outlook, then its is
possible for others to retrieve your password.

One such tool is PStoreView available at:
http://ntsecurity.nu/toolbox/pstoreview/

It allows users to view their IE, outlook stored passwords.

There are situations where Exchange RPC is not a good choice. There you
have to check your mails using POP3. Then how can one protect from such
password tools?

Regards

Faisal Masood
Lahore