Security Basics mailing list archives

Question about FIPS 140-2 certification

From: "dschaible" <dschaible () cssiinc com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:42:29 -0500

Hi list,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the status of SSH on Cisco routers and
FIPS certification. We want to deploy a set of Cisco routers that need to be
FIPS compliant. We have crypto setup per the specs as far as we can tell,
but we wanted to force SSH on one dialup interface for remote maintenance.
The system is otherwise entirely closed, eg: no links to the internet.

There are a couple of people here who have pouring over the FIPS docs but
they can't find any mention of SSH.

Also, does any know if the Cisco analog modem WIC-1AM is approved hardware?

Thanks in advance,
Derek

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027