Security Basics mailing list archives

NT VPDN advice

From: <forums () kentane net>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:05:46 +0200

Good day,
I need advice on a setup I want to do. I have a Windows 2000 Server PDC
that I also want to use as a Remote Access VPN (VPDN) gateway. The
server is for a small company and ease of administration and
minimisation of costs is very important. What I am thinking of doing is
to use this domain controller to setup the VPDN. The company has only 4
users. The firewall software that will used is Cisco IOS Firewall. We
will be forwarding all VPN connections from here to the PDC.
Any ideas how I can make this more secure without having to add
additional equipment and expensive software?

Regards

KL