Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Anyone seen an ipv6 to ipv4 dll and vice versa?

From: "dave kleiman" <dave () netmedic net>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 20:11:29 -0400

I believe just the Wininet.dll has to be replaced.  You can encapsulate IPv6
in IPv4 or vice-versa
"The dual IP layer is an implementation of the TCP/IP suite of protocols
that includes both an IPv4 Internet layer and an IPv6 Internet layer.  This
is the mechanism used by IPv6/IPv4 nodes so that communication with both
IPv4 and IPv6 nodes can occur.  A dual IP layer contains a single
implementation of Host-to-Host layer protocols such as TCP and UDP.  All
upper layer protocols in a dual IP layer implementation can communicate over
IPv4, IPv6, or IPv6 tunneled in IPv4."

Look for IPv6/IPv4 Coexistence and Migration on MSFT.

Dave

Dave Kleiman
secure () netmedic net
www.SecurityBreachResponse.com

"High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation."
Jack Kinder