Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Setting up secure HTTP server

From: "Shota Gedenidze" <security () tub ge>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 22:08:23 +0400

Hi,

Use Apache httpd.apache.org
Ssl certs you can generate from OpenSSL package from www.openssl.org
User Authorisation can be done using apache's own auth method .htpasswd

OR

Create secured channels over internet using Stunnel www.stunnel.org
It's pretty good to ensure security of transferred data in it's tunnel.
And you'll avoid HTTPS on apache but you may need auth.

Visit that internet pages and you'll find detailed info.

Best Regards,
Shota Gedenidze.
Tbiluniversalbank