Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Unresponsive Vendor

From: "Bob Beck" <goodfela26 () finneganfamily net>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:15:06 -0500

Give them some time to fix it. If the company hasn't fixed the bug after
adequate time has been given, release the exploit to a list such as this and
request that the recipients test the exploit and submit it if they see the
same results.

The more people who submit an exploit, the quicker the bug gets fixed.

As for credit, does it really matter? Getting the bug fixed should be what
you're concerned with. If the company gives you credit, great. If not, don't
worry about it.

My 2 cents.