Security Basics mailing list archives

Wireless networking security appliances?

From: "Mark G. Spencer" <mspencer () evidentdata com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:32:48 -0800

I'm looking for thoughts on wireless networking security appliances.  If you have evaluated and/or implemented these
devices, what do you think about them in terms of cost, installation, maintenance, and effectiveness?

One question I have is if you have implemented some kind of security already on your wireless network (e.g. using a
SonicWALL TZW w/ IPSec tunnels setup for all wireless clients) would you consider other wireless security appliances as
well?  I see that some of the vendors hawk intrusion detection features.

And finally .. are there any good reviews in magazines or online of all these products you would recommend?

Thanks,

Mark