Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Border Router Question - Ingress Filtering

From: "DeGennaro, Gregory" <Gregory_DeGennaro () csaa com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:43:05 -0800

Yes, this will take care of everything unless of course they spoof the
permits or attack the established traffic like someone tried on me the other
day ...

They usually itemize the denies so there is better tracking, however this is
not always necessary.

I hope you have a big syslog server ... :-)

--Greg