Security Basics mailing list archives

virus removal help

From: komal <agencies_ad1 () sancharnet in>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:25:34 +0530

Hi!
My computer was infected by html.redoff virus. I deleted every html and at
last format my computer but while installing windows I receive warning
message that your boot sector is about to be modified if I press yes then at
next reboot my system directory is deleted and I am unable to start my
machine if I press other keys then I boot and work but in device manger my
primary controller is disabled (I.e yellow icon) .I have installed latest
anti virus .
Any help will be appreciated

Thank you
komal

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027