Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: suggestions on a good firewall

From: David Moisan <dmoisan () davidmoisan org>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:27:25 -0400

At 08:23 PM 5/24/2003 -0400, David Ellis wrote:
Let me ask a question here? Why would anyone want tight active directory
integration on a firewall which by all means constitutes a security
flaw?

The AD features in ISA are used to control outbound access, as in "Jane User can only surf non-company sites during lunch hour" sort of thing.

AD --which is just LDAP & proprietary extensions--is not exposed to the outside on my ISA server. Can you describe a scenario where AD is compromised? I don't like using the term "vulnerability" unless I can imagine roughly where such a thing might happen.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN             dmoisan () davidmoisan org
Invisible Disability:  http://www.davidmoisan.org/invisible_disability.html
ATS-909 FAQ:  http://www.davidmoisan.org/radio/sangean/ats909faq.html